Saturday, September 12, 2009

TALKING OHBAT - GET MOVIN'

Surprised at the subject of the blog. Read on and you will comprehend. Being Sunday after Laylatul Qdr, feeling relaxed and radiant after having been blessed with a memorable Laylatul Qdr, one of the best, as mumineen worldwide got the ‘sharaf’ of deedar ibadat during the night of Qdr.

I would like to share my thoughts with friends. During vasila Aqa Moula (TUS) farmayu ke mamluk e A’le Muhammad nasibdaar chhe, ke mane tamara jeva mumineen mila chhe. (not the exact words but explicit implication)

Now this set me thinking : Because of us Moula ? Now how to find it out? Do I deserve to be the one ? One thought led to another and in the end I came to the conclusion that yes I will surely deserve if I capitalize on the opportunity, that has presented itself to us – the mumineen of Kolkata, for the first time in many years.

I should involve myself fully in Ashara Ohbat 1431H, I should not wait to be called but volunteer. I have already registered a blog and published the first post, without any one telling me to do so. I have been ‘talking ohbat’ all these days, and Sherullah provides a good opportunity to meet mumineen daily, to share to interact.

Here is an example. The other day we in the ‘thal’ were discussing about accommodation. I pointed out that some one should approach Punjab Biraderee, who have land adjacent of the Masjid complex, presently construction work has stopped on account of internal problem. Immediately Bhai Noman V (now he is not in any committee as yet, nor myself) said that he knows the President of PB and I suggested, yes he should talk with him.

Two days later he gave us the news, that the President is willing to consider the proposal, for temporary use of the land on terms, if a formal offer is made. The information was passed to Mulla Saifuddinbhai F who is in the core team of Ashara Ohbat, and also our thal member. Now it is up to the core committee to take up the matter.

In this way individuals, specially youngsters can do the ground work, take the initiative and pass on the information, which they feel may be useful.

Herein below are a few of my suggestions. Out of the box ideas but worth a try.

First and foremost our presence should be felt in the city – that we the Bohras are up to something. For starters simple jumpers like those worn by construction site workers, should be distributed to enthusiastic youngsters with the emblem ‘ Ashara Ohabat 1431H – Kolkata one for ACCOMMODATION the other for TRANSPORT. Those with bikes can form into groups, demarcate the city and try to find out the best and reasonable accommodations available. Talk with local guys and you will be surprised, as to the wealth of information that be thus gathered.

Now just pass it on to the core committee members, and you have done your khidmat well. Now it is up to them to work on the ‘lead’ you have provided.
Our city has a large network of public transport. A group of enthusiastic youngsters, with TRANSPORT jumpers can gather at the Park Circus round about in the morning between 7.30 to 9 (the approx: time most are likely to make their way to Masjid) and study the traffic pattern, the number of public buses, autos etc: plying, the capacity, the public buses are plying full or half empty etc: Just observation, data collection and passing on the information, to the core committee.

Many will approach you and you can start talking with many, and a wealth of information can be gathered. Likewise approach Bus terminus – the main one at Esplanade and Howrah, and find out the timings of buses going through EM Bypass.
Whacky ideas at time bring in surprsing result – and it is fun also.
During Sherullah I had the opportunity to attend two ohbat meetings, under the sadarat of Janab Amil Saheb. The first one was that of ‘Ay’an ul Jamaat’ and to be invited in that meeting was a surprise for me. The second one was an eye opener of sorts, when at short notice, youngsters numbering more than 300 gathered at Badri Hall. When I was walking back home, a very short distance from Badri Hall, I found a group of young ladies waiting for public transport at around 12 pm when the meeting got over.

This speaks volumes of the enthusiasm of the youngsters, the longing and expectations of the youth , who are seeing an opportunity of a life time, and will go all out to see that it is not missed this time. They have grown up, have traveled to other cities and attended Ashara vaaz and other mika’ts, but they have not played host, now they want to see their beloved Aqa Moula (TUS) grace their city, they want to serve, test their talents and put in hard work, to earn the khusi of their beloved Aqa Moula (TUS)

This positive energy and zeal has to be channelized properly. The other day I was talking with my young friend Muffadal F who with his group had distributed accommodation forms to around 140 households, in our Taheri Mohalla. He told me only 40 Forms till date have been received. It is a learning experience for the youngsters, we have to reach out, we have to go again and again, no matter, it is in their interest, but it is also in our interest, that only when all the Forms are received, we will be able to file a report. Pursue, cajole, help them in getting the e-jamaat numbers of the family members, if possible.

I did a random test of the khidmat forms received, and from 14 e mail I/D’ s I found out that 4 were discontinued or have ‘no account’ so it is along road ahead. Puja Holidays is the best time to concentrate on the task in hand.

To conclude I will just share with you the comments on my Face Book to prove how deep the yearning is among youngsters for Aqa Moula (TUS) to grace our city.

My very young and talented friend Moiz Tundawala wrote on the Face Book:
'mashki wala saheb hawe kiware mashki lai ne tashreef lawse'

So moving full of deep yearning, to which I replied as follows:

Asgar Fakhrudin :
Laylatul Qdr ni mubarak raat ma baland niyat ane ikhlas na saath apne sagla ne 'ekjaan' bani ilteza karvi padse - Insa allah jaroor tashreef lavse
Fri at 8:35pm

'ekjaan' bani khidmat karvu is the expectation of our Janab Amil Saheb from all of us. He had emphasized this point repeatedly on all he meetings. Just attending meetings and deliberations will not suffice, each and every one has to GET MOVIN' and that to fast, as time is running out.

Friends till things fall into place, you can use this blog to interact and share your ideas, your dreams, your commitments.

1 comment:

  1. I was very touched on reading your mail . I want to bring to your notice that youngsters in kolkata and people are very excited to bring maula in our city and they feel that there is loads of work to do but what to do? from where to start n how to do the work ? they dont know dat .so I request you to serially list down the number of work we have to do , to bring our maula in our city so that I can send it to people I know and they may send it to others in which way we can reach many people and excite them and get service from them.

    Tasneem

    ReplyDelete